Wednesday, October 6, 2010

Adventures in Homeschooling

We are wrapping up month 2 of homeschooling. I can hardly believe that we have been doing it this long. When we started I thought I knew it all. I thought all those people that talk about how the first couple months is about trial and error and figuring out need vs. want were below me. Well, I was an idiot. We have changed some of the curriculum a time or two. I've organized & re-organized trying to find the most efficient way to keep track of everything. I have even re-arranged our classroom/office because I didn't like the way it felt. I have added things to our day like practicing the guitar and studying his football playbook. There are subjects I thought I could teach without curriculum that I cant. Subjects I thought I needed curriculum for and I have given up and made my own. It's been an adventure. My sanity savers are.....

As you can see I have made several changes to these.

 This was given to me by Ham's 3rd grade teacher.
The duck tape is not what you think it's for so please don't call DHS!

I'm not sure why it is that I feel the need to date stamp everything. I just know I sleep better at night knowing it's done.

The cell phone is so I can call for help when I lose my mind.

A bigger stapler is on my wish list.


What is it you can't go a day without?



No comments: