Friday, September 21, 2007

Mom! I lost another one!

Last Saturday we hade a cookout at my Nana's house to celebrate the birthday of my oldest Hamster. During this cookout he comes running up to me with blood everywhere and screaming some random mess of words jumbled together. Once I calmed him down I realized he lost his tooth. This has happened before so Im not sure what the fuss was about. So we cleaned him up, put the tooth in the baggie & start searching for money to give him from the 'Tooth Fairy" only to find out that the smallest bill my Nana could find was a $5. A $5!!!!! I NEVER got $5 but whatever. It's Nana. You cant argue with Nana. So we wait. And wait. And wait until he finally goes to sleep and make the switch. The next day he is extatic because the "tooth fairy" at our house has never brought that much. So excited that he let Matt pull his other loose tooth out in hopes of doubling his riches. Which by the way he did not. After he only got $1 that night I carefully explained to him that every town has a different Tooth Fairy. And the Tooth Fairy in Coweta isnt as rich as the Tooth Fairy in Watonga. He seemed to buy it. Or at least I convinced myself that he bought it. So this week I have had to stare into this empty gap in the front of his mouth. Now most normal people embrace this snaggle tooth stage as being cute. To set the record strait~ Im not normal people. Looking at this face makes me cringe like someone is running nails down a chalkboard. I cant stand it. It literally gives me chills looking at the gaping hole in his mouth. Fortunately the new ones are already coming in so it will be over soon. He's awefully proud of it though.

2 comments:

LG said...

I love the look on his face for this picture!!! What a cutie! That was a ton of money for the tooth fairy to leave, by the way. I think I may have a loose tooth too! ;)

Aimee said...

Thank you! Thank you! Thank you! for coming today. It was so nice to see you & the girls.