Sunday, May 2, 2010

Rubber Duckie

Yesterday was an awesome day start to finish. A good friend came to town for the Rattlesnake Round-up (which I still think is a little crazy). I finally go to meet her hubby. She got to ooh and ahhh over Hamster's battle wounds. They went through the Den of Death and the Butcher Shop while I waited in line 45 minutes to get the little ones faces painted. We ate high calorie fair food. I promised the kids I'd let them ride rides when we weren't entertaining our friends. Brought them back to the house. We had a great time catching up and promising to meet up again while she has the twins this summer. It was awesome. She is one of the coolest chicks I know. When we were kids.... Never mind. Moving on.

I took about a 30 minute break before I started supper for the family that was coming over to visit. Me and the kids went to meet up with my mom and aunt at the festival so the kids could ride rides as promised. We got another bag of cotton candy (since the boys didn't share the first one) and Snickers on a stick (which was not near as yummy as expected). This was the first year that all three kids got to ride big kid rides. It was so much fun watching their faces light up. We came back to the house just in time to pull supper out of the oven (cause I'm awesome like that). Ate. Laughed. Took pictures. And kicked them out.

After a long day all I wanted was to relax in a bubble bath. I ran the water and climbed in. Apparently my children were not aware that mom's are allowed to take baths. Before I even had a chance to get settled in I had 3 kids & 2 dogs standing over me staring in amazement. Princess B was so excited that she brought me 7 of her barbies to play with. And then showed me how to play with them in the bath. Turns out that playing Barbies and laughing with the kids was a lot more relaxing than just laying there. It was the perfect end to a perfect day.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

You rock my socks. Is it weird that I'm over-commenting?

Aimee said...

Totally wierd. Stalk much? Kidding. Im just excited someone actually read this :)

Unknown said...

I know, I have the free sitemeter on my blog and if someone accidentally stumbles over my blog and reads I wig out a little! Okay so I'm a stalker but it's a gentle sort of way and you've yet to file a restraining order so ha! try and stop me!