Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Lost and Found

When I was about thirteen or so I decided it was time for me to make some money of my own. I did what thirteen year old girls did when they want their own pocket change. I convinced some poor clueless woman to hand her precious ~I use this term lightly~ little angels over to me. I could rattle on about the details of my one and only babysitting job. Instead, I'll just cut to the chase. I lost one of them. One minute he was playing in his room quietly and the next his bedroom window was open and he was gone. A frantic call to my mother and an hour of searching the neighborhood later he was found at the local park. That day I swore I would never be in charge of another child again. Here I am many years later with three little angels of my own. My day consists of taking kids to school, walking, homeschooling, house cleaning, cooking, faking a headache, and passing out. To be honest I wouldn't have it any other way.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Where's the "Like" button?

Aimee said...

I know huh?